Parking Regulations & Permits
If permits are needed please fill out the required information and return these forms to the BHA Vice President. Also please review the parking regulations below.
Questions or issues? Please contact
the Birnamwood HOA Vice President.
- Residents' vehicles are to be parked in garages.
- Parking areas on the common grounds are for guests.
- Private storage arrangements are to be made by residents who cannot store ALL vehicles in their garages.
- Vehicles shall not impede snow removal.
- Vehicles shall not impede or prevent ready and safe access to guest parking spaces, residents' garages and entryways, mailboxes, sidewalks, or stairways.
- Vehicles are allowed in garages, and in parking areas only.
- Birnamwood Drive has a posted speed limit of 20 MPH. In the remaining complex, 10 MPH or lower is advisable for the safety of residents and guests. Parking is prohibited on Birnamwood Drive and other public streets within Burnsville between 2 A.M. and 6 A.M.
Permitted Visitor Parking Criteria:
- Residents may REGISTER TO PARK a third car in the Visitor Parking areas under the following circumstance:
- There is a resident, licensed driver for the extra vehicle (student, other resident dependent).
- Assumed: Two vehicles in garage, three (3) licensed drivers residing in household.
- Primary Transportation vehicle (non-commercial) is too large to fit into garage.
Prohibited Visitor Parking Criteria:
Vehicles prohibited from occupying VISITOR PARKING areas are:
- Commercial vehicles (other than those providing service for a resident at the time the service is being provided).
- Boats, campers or any other vehicle that is not a primary mode of transportation.
- Parking Permits will be required for residents to park additional vehicles not in garage.
- The parking comment form will be distributed by the requesting resident. All signed requests are to be returned directly to the Board of Directors Vice President to ensure confidentiality.
- Permits must be approved by the majority residents of the unit cluster or multi-cluster, if appropriate. In the event of a tie, the Vice President will make the final decision.
- Permits must be renewed every six (6) months.
- NOTE: The requesting resident will be responsible for obtaining and renewing permits.
Birnamwood Vehicle Parking Regulations Enforcement:
- The BHA Board of Directors (or designate) shall reserve the right to remove, at the owner's expense, any vehicle found in violation of the above regulations.
- The BHA Board of Directors (or designate) shall take action independently or in response to a written complaint, signed by at least two residents, or phone calls followed by written complaint regarding a violation of the above regulations.
- Towing authorized by the BHA Board of Directors will be performed, at homeowner’s expense.